Warranty, repairs & returns
Dead On Arrival (DOA) Product: System Failure Out of the Box
Any product is considered DOA if it shows symptoms of a failure, preventing basic operability, when you first use it after opening the box. If you believe that your product is DOA, please return the item to Cayman MAC Store within 2 working days of the invoice date. Cayman MAC Store will need to test your item to determine whether the product is truly DOA. If the issue is power related an overnight test will be required. If the DOA is confirmed, Cayman MAC Store will offer you the following options:
- Replacement: Cayman MAC Store, at its expense, will provide another of the same product.
- Refund: Cayman MAC Store will refund the full purchase price via store credit or debit/credit card. (No cash refunds)
- Repair: For Apple products only you may choose to receive an Apple certified refurbished unit for 15% less than the original purchase price. Please note average delivery time would be 3 to 7 working days.
If Cayman MAC Store Technical Support determines that a returned Apple product is not DOA, Cayman MAC Store will apply Apple’s standard product warranty to the product. For non Apple-branded products determined to be not DOA, the standard manufacturers warranty terms, as referenced above, will apply. Further, if Cayman MAC Store determines that you have misrepresented a returned product’s condition and that the product is not DOA, Cayman MAC Store will refuse your claim.
This DOA policy applies only to hardware products currently offered at Cayman MAC Store. As new products are offered, Cayman MAC Store reserves the right to determine whether or not this policy applies. This DOA policy does not apply to products purchased elsewhere.
Return and Refund Policy
Please note that Cayman MAC Store does not permit the return of or offer refunds for the following products:
- Items purchased more than 30 days prior
- Items that have been powered on and used
- Items that are being returned because Apple have introduced a new or upgraded version
- Custom (build-to-order) products
- Items not purchased from Cayman MAC Store
- Items that show or test to have physical damage
- Opened software
- Other items designated as non-returnable/refundable.
For eligible products, you have up to 30 calendar days from the time you purchased your item(s) to initiate a return. If the item is returnable then the following refunds will apply:
- Full refund for unopened items
- Original price less a 15% restocking fee for items that have been opened, but not powered on, and still have the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation, and registration that shipped with the product IN MINT CONDITION.
For items which have been used, but are defective, refer to the Product Warranty section below.
Product Warranty (Apple/Beats)
All Apple hardware products carry a one-year Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. You may review a copy of the Limited Warranty on new products, including its limitations and exclusions, before you purchase, by clicking this link: http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/.
By purchasing at Cayman MAC Store you acknowledge that you have had an opportunity to review Apple’s warranty terms, have done so to the degree you need to be familiar with them, and you accept their terms and conditions, including the limitations, exclusions, and disclaimers in them. Our Apple Authorized Service Center can assist with the repair or replacement of Apple products subject to any restrictions/conditions that may be imposed. Please note that faulty parts, replaced under warranty, have to be returned to Apple. Your device must also remain in our possession during the entire warranty/repair process.
Product Warranty (all other products)
Non-Apple-branded, third-party products are, to the greatest extent permitted by law, sold "AS IS" by Cayman MAC Store, but will be accompanied by their manufacturers' standard warranties. Cayman MAC Store sells "AS IS" products as is, where is, and with all faults, and without express or implied warranties from Apple or any other manufacturer. Consequently, we can assist on your behalf for the filing of a claim with our distributor to have your product replaced or repaired in accordance with the manufacturer's warranty. The claim process is as follows:
1. Initial testing of product to confirm fault/issue. This will take 24-48 hours.
2. Processing of claim with the distributor/manufacturer.
3. Receipt of approval or denial of claim. This will vary, based on manufacturer, from 1 to 6 weeks. The majority of claims are usually confirmed within a week. The manufacturer may elect to repair, replace or approve a credit. Please note in some cases the defective product may have to be returned to the supplier before an approval of the claim can be granted.
4. Credit processed to your account if the claim is approved. This credit can be used towards a replacement unit or other products, refunded to a debit/credit card, or issued as a store gift card for future use.
Products sold through Cayman MAC Store that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with any terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products.
You always have the right to file directly with the manufacturer for technical support and customer service if (1) the distributor denies your claim (2) if the manufacturer requires you to file directly or (3) you warranty with them exceeds more than one year.
Please note that making unauthorized modifications and/or repairs (and in most cases physical damage) to a product usually violates the manufacturers warranties and your claim may be denied. For denied claims, Cayman MAC Store is entitled to charge you for a prescribed diagnostic or administration fee.