Improving on the award-winning QuietComfort Earbuds II, the white Bose QuietComfort Ultra Earbuds True Wireless In-Ear Headphones continue to offer high-quality audio, world-class noise cancellation, CustomTune technology that auto-adjusts the noise cancellation and sound performance to your ears' liking, responsive touch controls, and a water- and sweat resistant IPX4 rating—and now immersive audio to take audio performance to an entirely new level.
And with new features like Snapdragon Sound for robust low-latency Bluetooth connectivity, Qualcomm aptX Adaptive codec for achieving the highest-possible audio quality, Google Fast Pair to expedite the initial pairing process, and a new metallic finish, the QuietComfort Ultra Earbuds make listening to music a deeply personal experience.
CustomTune Technology—Sound and Silence Tailored to You
- When the earbuds are placed in your ear, a chime is played. The microphone inside the earbud measures the sound in your ear canal and adjusts it to create a perfectly balanced sound for you.
- CustomTune technology compensates for the differences in individual ears, as many people's left and right ears are not identical in shape, size, and condition. The result is truly personalized sound balance.
- CustomTune also helps by personalizing noise cancellation to the shape of your ears. This may soften unwanted sounds that are hardest to reduce, like voices.
Bose Immersive Audio with Still and Motion Modes
- Bose Immersive Audio goes beyond special effects. It creates a wider, more spacious soundstage, so your content becomes multidimensional and layered, regardless of the audio platform or device. It brings you closer to your music than ever by virtually seating you right in the acoustic sweet spot. Bose Immersive Audio reveals its true depth, spatializing what you’re hearing by virtually placing it in front of you. This effect is enabled by an onboard IMU and proprietary Bose digital signal-processing software in the QuietComfort Ultra Earbuds.
- There are two options for listening to Bose Immersive Audio: Still is best when you’re not moving because the audio stays in place—perfect for when you’re sitting down and want to feel as if the sound is fixed in a specific position. Motion allows the audio to move with you, so it’s always out in front of you—great for staying immersed on the go.
Passive/Active Noise Cancellation
QuietComfort Ultra Earbuds utilize both passive and active noise reduction technologies.
- Passive noise reduction is similar to when you wear earplugs; there is a physical blockage preventing some of the sound from entering your ear. This is achieved through the earbud design, with materials such as silicone eartips and the acoustic seal created by having a proper fit.
- For active noise cancellation, your earbuds use sophisticated proprietary electronics with microphones both inside and outside the earbuds. The electronics system senses the sound in almost any environment and then measures, compares, and reacts—instant by instant—to produce an opposing cancellation signal.
Listening modes are preset audio settings that you can select based on your listening preferences and environment. You can choose between three preconfigured modes.
- Quiet: Full noise cancellation with Bose-optimized stereo audio. Allows you to block out distractions using the highest level of noise cancellation.
- Aware: Full transparency with Bose-optimized stereo audio. Allows you to hear your surroundings while enjoying your audio in stereo.
- Immersion: Full noise cancellation with immersive audio set to Motion. Allows you to block out distractions and immerse yourself in lifelike audio.
- Custom: You can create up to seven custom modes using the Bose Music app.
Crystal-Clear Phone Calls
- QuietComfort Ultra Earbuds have an adaptive microphone system that allows you to use them during calls when connected to any smartphone. In addition to traditional calls, the earbuds work with many apps that use Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), such as Teams, Zoom, or FaceTime.
- The microphone system adapts to your environment to isolate your voice from competing background noises and wind. In addition, Self-Voice (adjustable in the Bose Music app settings) allows you to hear yourself naturally, as if you weren’t wearing earbuds at all, so you can monitor the volume of your voice and minimize the effects of speaking while wearing earbuds.
Comfort and Stability
- Umbrella-shaped eartips are super soft yet still seal off outside noise.
- Stability bands hug the contours of your ears for a snug fit.
- Take some time to experiment with different eartips and stability band sizes to find the combination that suits you, and provides a gentle seal and a comfortable yet stable listening experience.
- Eartip and stability band sizes may be mixed and matched (such as using a size small eartip with a #3 stability band). If you find that you need alternate sizes, extra-small and extra-large eartips and stability bands are separately available through Bose Support.
Water- and Sweat-Resistant
- Bose QuietComfort Ultra Earbuds have passed IPX4 testing, which means they are protected against sweat and splashing water from any angle.
- The interior of the charging case is resistant to water or sweat that may remain on the buds when they are placed inside for charging. However, it is not recommended that the outside of the case be exposed to water.
Easy-to-Use with Touch Controls and Bose Music App
- Touch controls let you play/pause music, crank the volume, cycle modes, and switch tracks with a simple tap or swipe on the earbuds.
- Personalize almost anything to your liking in the Bose Music app with adjustable EQ and custom modes.
- You can set a shortcut to access your mobile device voice control using the earbuds. The microphone on the earbuds acts as an extension of the microphone on your mobile device.
Independent Single-Bud Use
- The Single-Bud Use feature allows you to take calls and listen to music using only one bud. It will also seamlessly switch between your earbuds, and switches automatically if one of the earbuds runs out of battery or disconnects from Bluetooth
- Get up to 6 hours of battery life with a single charge.
- The case holds an extra 3 full charges, for up to 24 hours of total listening time.
- If you forget to charge your earphones and are in a rush, a quick 20-minute charge provides you with up to 2 hours of listening.
What is Google Fast Pair?
- Google Fast Pair is a technology developed by Google to expedite the initial pairing process between source devices and headphones. Android users (OS 6.0 or later) will enjoy the rapid setup Google Fast Pair has to offer by simply turning on their headphones
What is Snapdragon Sound?
- Snapdragon Sound refers to an audio and software processing infrastructure developed by Qualcomm, focusing on robust and low-latency Bluetooth connectivity and leveraging the aptX Adaptive codec.
- AptX Adaptive will adapt the audio quality seamlessly and continuously based on the strength of the source’s device to maintain a good wireless connection and avoid audio dropouts. This means that for a great wireless connection, you can get the highest possible audio quality up to and including lossless audio.
- The codec also has a low-latency mode, AKA Gaming Mode. Just as with audio quality, the codec will adapt to achieve the best (lowest) latency possible given the current wireless conditions.
- Snapdragon Sound is applicable only to Android users with Snapdragon Sound Certified devices.
Bose Warranty: Bose products carry a manufacturer’s warranty to repair or replace from their repair facility in Puerto Rico. The Bose app should be downloaded to keep your device up to date as these updates can resolve some issues experienced when using Bose products. We are able to process Bose products sold by us for repair or replacement at no cost to you. However, you will have to wait for the repaired/product to come back which may take several weeks.